Friday 30 August 2013

Products I'm Passing On - Reviews

Recently I visited my sister, Hannah, and decided to bring her a box of products that I wasn't using anymore. Some I didn't like and some I just didn't get round to using or didn't need. Below I have briefly outlined why I was getting rid of each and have included what my sister thought also. I think it's really interesting to see different opinions and it just goes to show that just because I don't like it, it doesn't mean that it isn't any good!


MUA Lipstick Shade 12 - I like this lipstick but I accidentally bought two of the same shade and I will never get through that much lipstick! I'm a big fan of the MUA lipsticks and think they are a great product for such a low price.

Hannah -  I've used MUA lipsticks before and really like them. The silver writing on the black casing looks nice, and these lipsticks also have a little pot of lipgloss on the bottom which is a nice touch. This one was shade 12, which is darkish pink and glittery. This would be something I would use if my hair colour didn't completely clash with it, however I will hang onto it for the next time I change my hair!

6 Samples of My Trusty Little Sunflower Cream - I love this and have a full bottle so don't really need these sachet samples. I use it on my face and find it really hydrating. I tend to only use it at bed time because I find it doesn't absorb into the skin quickly and leaves a white residue.

Hannah -  I'm a big fan of moisturising products so I was more than happy to receive these. I work as a chef, and so my hands quite often get burned, or become dry from constant hand washing, so I used this cream on them after my shifts. I found that the cream rubbed in well and did not leave my skin feeling greasy at all, and the lavender scented cream had a lovely, subtle smell. I used the unscented cream on my face as a morning moisturiser and i was really pleased with it too. However, I would have to use this product for a longer period of time to know whether it was superior to other moisturisers i use. These were nice to use, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy the product, as I already have a brand of moisturising lotion that I like.

Style Expertise Texture Salt Infusion Surf Spray - My hair is really fine and not really suited to products like this. I had used this occasionally but then I got a similar one in a Glossybox so I will just use that one instead. I find that even with this product I can't get any sort of wave or messy look without heat styling.

Hannah - I am a big fan of hair products, so I was pleased to receive this. The bottle is a lovely colour and doesn't look cheap like a lot of store brand products do. It is very easy to use as you simply spray it onto your hair, and it smells lovely and fresh. I was really happy with the rough, tousled look it gave my hair, and it didn't go flat or frizzy throughout the day. My only criticism of this product is that the day after using this, my hair was totally unmanageable and it was impossible to run a brush or comb through it. As I tend to wash my hair every second day, this is a bit of a problem. Despite this, I will still use this on occasions such as a night out, and I would consider buying it again.

Deep Action Cleansing Lotion - If you read my blog, you already know I don't like this! It stings!

Hannah -  I have just run out of makeup wipes, so this came at a convenient time. I like the fact that it doesn't need to be rinsed off, as I'm not too keen on rinsing my face with water other than in the shower. I was expecting the sting, and it came, but it was more of a burning sensation, especially around the eyes, and the feeling stayed for quite a while after. It did its job though, and my face felt fresh. I will continue to use this product, but will not be going near my eyes with it again.

You Mist Me Luxury Flirtatious Scented Mist - I actually quite like the smell of this body mist as it is really subtle. It's a cute small bottle and handy for throwing in a bag but I just won't use it as I always wear perfume.

Hannah - This stuff smells pretty nice, it's very sweet, but that's the kind of smell I like to wear. However, the scent is very faint, and disappears after only an hour or so of using. It's a nice idea, but I'd rather splash out on a nice perfume than buy a cheaper, watered down spray, so I won't be buying this again. I will use the rest of it though, because it does smell nice while it lasts!

Beauty Formulas Glorious Mud Deep Cleansing Facial Mask - I used this mask once and I like the affects on my skin afterwards but I found the smell really off-putting.

Hannah - I don't often use face masks, so this was a treat. The mask smells lovely, and is really easy to apply. However, once it dries, it goes hard and feels quite uncomfortable. After I had washed it off, my face did feel and look  refreshed ,so I will use this again, but probably would not buy it.


nspa Beauty Balm - I recently reviewed this and thought it was a good product just not something I will use because I prefer a full face of foundation!

Hannah - I had never even heard of BB cream before I was given this! I feel like I have missed out. I use foundation but have really struggled to ever find one that matches my pale skin tone, and often end up with a tideline, but the BB cream is perfect. It gives enough coverage for me and it isn't too dark for my skin. It moisturises well, and it does look very natural and fresh. I will still use foundation sometimes, but I will definitely be buying this again.

Have you tried any of these products? 

8 comments:

  1. Interesting too see how people can think differently on the same product, just goes to show that you must take reviews with a pinch of salt as they may work/not work for you! megan xx emmiegee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's exactly what I was trying to show with this post :) xx

      Delete
  2. Ha I love the fact a product stings for you so it is going to your sister xx

    Lots of Love Beautyqueenuk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just the kind of lovely sister I am :)

      Delete
  3. This is a great post! And so eco-friendly you are, recycling! Love it, keep it up xx

    Find me on bloglovin:
    http://bloglovin.com/binkachu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks glad you like it, good to do something a bit different! X

      Delete
  4. Really good idea for a review. I have enjoyed reading this.

    Karen x
    http://silvermachine78.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! Might do a se one part if people are interested x

      Delete

I read every comment and will reply if you have a question :)