Friday 16 August 2013

Elf Studio Shimmer Palette - Review

Recently I received my first Elf order. I have was happy with everything that I ordered but this shimmer palette really caught my eye and so I have decided to review it. My order was bought at the time of the sale but usually this item retails at £3.75.


This palette is from the studio range and is in the studio black packaging. I have found that the leap in quality between the basics and the studio range is huge. This product doesn't feel cheap and the packaging is really sturdy.



Inside there is a mirror and this palette comes with its own brush. I have been using the brush and found that it does the job however I am going to be using my Real Techniques detail brush for this product. I will leave the brush in the palette as it will be handy if I'm traveling. 



The palette features 4 creamy shimmery shades which can be used on the eyes, lips and face. I bought this as a high later and have been using the pinky shade along my cheek bones and the white in my Cupid's bow. I have also tried this on my lips and it gives a lovely shimmer. The swatches don't show up well in camera because this product really needs the light on it. All the shades are fairly similar but you can see their colours coming through.

I'm really enjoying using this palette and think it is an absolute bargain. 


9 comments:

  1. This looks great, I agree the difference between the 'basic' range and the studio range seems quite big!

    Claire from Stylingo xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does. I think il stick to studio except for lipsticks as they are great x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Isn't it just! Really happy with it x

      Delete
  3. I bought this recently and love it too! Such a great product, not just for the money but in general. Great review :)

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I haven't seen anything like this before x

      Delete
  4. hi dear i just nominated you for liebster award on my blog do check it out
    http://myownnailart.blogspot.com/2013/08/liebster-award.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't seen this before! Deff need this!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and will reply if you have a question :)