Wednesday 7 August 2013

Hair Week Day 3 - Bamboo Style Boho Waves - Glossybox Sample Review


Alterna Bamboo Style Boho Waves Tousled Texture Mist

There are lots of salt spray and wavy hair products in the market at the moment and, although I have purchased a few, they are not something I am really interested in. My hair is long and fine and can be lifeless and I find it hard to get any sort of wave out of it without a curling tong. However I received this in my Glossybox so decided to give it a go.


"Your perfect seaside splash summer companion! Forget perfectly primped hair, and instead opt for effortlessly tousled just back from the beach waves with this weightless mist. Adds texture, volume and healthy style to all hair types"


I originally tried this on dry hair, spraying it over the length and running my fingers roughly through it to give it some shape. I found the smell pleasant and the spray nice and light. It didn't leave my hair crunchy or sticky but it also didn't do much for the shape and style. 

Next I let my hair dry in plaits then sprayed this through when I released them. I found that this kept my waves in for the day in a much lighter way than hairspray would.

At £23 for the full sized product this is not something I will be rushing out to buy but if you have wavy hair, this would be worth trying out. 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. That is a fantastic review, thank you for posting it up. I got the same product in last month's Glossybox too and had been at a bit of a loss as to what to do with it. I have very long, fine, frizzy hair which when it isn't in a braid is in a bun (it takes me so long to straighten it, I generally only do it for a special occasion).

    Like I said, I hadn't really thought how I could use it effectively, but I am going to go with towel drying my hair, popping some on and plaiting it and waiting for it to dry. I do have a bit of a wave to my hair anyway, so a month late, I hopefully will have it figured out!

    Fi xoxox

    http://dandffeatures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I'm glad I could help. I don't straighten my hair either because its so straight that I don't see the point. I often struggle to use these types of products and they are down heavy and crunchy but this is good for fine hair because its so light.
    Thanks for reading
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have helped! From the time I posted my reply up, I have had a shower and am now sat plaited up! I know what you mean about crunchy hair. If I am wearing my hair down I like to be able to get my fingers through it once in a while without thinking it is going to snap in half! I have found so many of these "sun and sea waves" products weighing my hair down it is unreal. Probably great for a photoshoot but not for every day life.

      It smells absolutely gorgeous and I found a little went quite a long way too. I left it off my fringe as, well, I haven't quite decided what to do with that today yet. I am sure a headband will probably be involved though.

      Fi xoxox

      Delete
    2. Wow you are a fast mover! I think maybe because this one doesn't contain salt, it's less heavy on the hair. I love the smell too ... Very fresh x

      Delete
    3. Well, what is the saying? No time like the present!! It looks and feels fab. My husband even noticed (he being the man that didn't notice I had a fringe cut last year for 3 weeks!) how nice it felt.

      I am going to do a little post on it as my hair is different from yours but would like to mention this blog entry as being the inspiration for doing it - may I put a link in to it?

      I am very new to blogging and am really enjoying finding blog entries showing how to use something that might not have got used unless I had found them!

      Fi xoxox

      Delete
    4. I would love you to put a link in, thank you.
      Yeah it's great to see how someone else is using something. Keep an eye on my blog for the rest of the week - still 4 days left of hair week :)
      X

      Delete
    5. No, thank YOU for giving me the push in the right direction to do it!

      Am looking forwards to the rest of hair week for sure - all set up on my Bloglovin' feed now!

      xoxox

      Delete
    6. Aw thank you :) hope you enjoy the rest of my posts x

      Delete
  3. I will have to try the plating technique with my salt spray! x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should! Great for when your hair isn't naturally wavey x

      Delete

I read every comment and will reply if you have a question :)