Friday 9 August 2013

Hair Week Day 5 - VO5 Plump It Up - Miss Glossybox Review


I received this VO5 Plump It Up Dry Backcomb Spray in the latest Miss Glossybox. The first thig I have to say about this product is I think the name is misleading. I thought this must be a product designed for when you have backcombed your hair but I was wrong. The spray is actually designed so that you don't have to backcomb! The idea is that you spray this into the roots of your hair and use yours hands to mess it up, giving the look of backcombing without actually damaging your hair with the harmful brushing.

My hair is very fine and poker straight and it takes a lot to get a messy look out of it. I used this and my hair had some extra volume but most of this was gone as soon as I got outside. On the plus side, this smells amazing and I will continue to use it for a little root boost and as a light hairspray.

This retails at £3.89 for 200ml

If you have had any success with this, please let me know how you used it!

4 comments:

  1. I have a V05 dry shampoo which I'm pretty impressed with. It's a shame it didn't hold your hair in place, I have the same problem, my hair will just drop straight away! Still haven't found a product that will last all day.

    Abi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only way I can get any volume us its heat styling ... I suppose I should be grateful though because no frizz lol x

      Delete
  2. That's such a shame, I imagine combind with backcombing this would work wonderfully :)

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm sure it would but it says its an alternative to back coming .... X

      Delete

I read every comment and will reply if you have a question :)