Friday 3 May 2013

My Favourite Five

As a brand new blogger faced with a blank page before me; I have been searching for a topic to begin with. My blog will be a beauty one and so I have landed on the idea of highlighting my favourite products to you. What better way to introduce myself than to introduce the products that I cannot live without. So here they are, my favourite five! Please note that these are photos of my own products and are therefore used and not quite as shiny as they would be when first purchased (product 1 - I'm looking at you!).

1. Lauren's Way Glam Tan

I am an avid tanner and have tried many brands. I used to flit about between tans; buying offers or listening to recommendations. However, 18 months ago I found Lauren's Way and my experimenting days are over! I am Lauren's Way, all the way! This tan gives me everything I want from a tan. It's a gorgeous colour, goes on well and lasts. As an added bonus it doesn't go scaly when fading and it isn't overly drying on the skin.

The Glam Tan is a liquid spray which allows for even coverage without too much of the product being used. One layer gives me a nice tan; not too dark or matte but a lovely bronzing glow. It is possible to build up layers of this tan but I do find a less even coverage when I do this. My personal tip for application would be to avoid the mitt that comes with this product. On several occasions I have received a free mitt but have found that it is too thin and not absorbent enough so it causes the product to be smeary. Instead I buy a tanning mitt from Home Bargains. At 99p it is a bargain and makes this tan go on a dream!

At £18.95 for 250ml this tan is not one of the cheaper ones on the market but I can safely say it is worth every penny. I tan on a weekly basis and get 3-4 months use out of one bottle so the cost per tan is really decent.

If you like a tan I cannot recommend this product enough. I haven't found a better product on the market.


2. Heel Genius by Soap&Glory

Are feet the least attractive part of the body? I think so but I'm always on the lookout for a product to help the cause. Heel Genius is a foot cream by the fantastic Soap&Glory and as a Soap&Glory product, it has all the high quality features that we have come to expect from them. Firstly the packaging is gorgeous and the moisture socks that accompany the cream are in a cute pink gingham pattern. Secondly, the cream itself is a gorgeous smelling, thick moisturiser. The difference it makes to the rough skin on my feet is visible and they feel soft and smooth.

This product retails at £5.50 for 125ml and can come with or without the moisture socks. Personally I don't use the moisture socks as I find them uncomfortable and too warm to sleep in however, even without the socks I get great results from this cream.

3. Rimmel Fix and Perfect Primer 002

I have to admit that I am fairly new to primer and have only tried a couple. The 001 shade of this primer is tinted and, with so many BB creams on the market at the moment, I decided to opt for a clear coloured product. The texture of this primer is not dissimilar to moisturiser. It is smooth and creamy but slightly more tacky than a lotion which stops it from soaking too much into your skin. I love the way this product feels on my skin and how smooth it makes my face. I find my makeup stays put considerably longer with this primer than it would on its own. I also find that the amount of foundation I need to use has been halved.

At £6.99 for 30ml this is not as affordable as Rimmel products usually are. I also don't find it very long lasting. I apply makeup everyday and this bottle doesn't last the month. Having said that, until I find a cheaper alternative, I will continue to buy this product as it really does do a great job.




4. Rimmel Exaggerate Automatic Waterproof Eye Definer

There are so many types of eye liner out there just now and I have tried all of them! By far my favourite is this Eye Definer by Rimmel. It is a pencil liner but a softer lead that winds up rather than sharpens. I use this on my waterline and on my eyelid. The texture of it allows a smooth line across the eyelid while the fact that it is a pencil allows for precision when applying. The pencil also has a smudging tool on the other end which I occasionally use when going for a smokey eye effect. At £3.99 this is a bargain, must-have product. It is available in 5 shades but I use good old black (Noir). The only downside is that the soft texture means it isn't as long-lasting as the traditional pencils. However, at that price, this doesn't affect me too much.


5. Smoothie Star Moisture Body Milk by Soap&Glory

As a daily body lotion - you cannot beat this! Firstly, the packing. I have the large, 500ml bottle which has a pump dispenser on the top. This is great because I don't get too much and I don't get the bottle all greasy if I decide to take more! This cream smells really nice but not so overwhelming that it becomes sickly. I use this cream every morning and evening on any parts of my body that need some smoothing. It leaves my skin really soft and the affect lasts for the whole day.

This cream retails as £10 for 500ml which is pricey for a body lotion, however I have never needed to pay full price as Soap&Glory products are frequently on offer or in good value gift sets.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so tempted to buy the Laurens Way tan, it sounds really good!

    www.sisterswhoshop1023.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should. It's amazing xxx

      Delete

I read every comment and will reply if you have a question :)