Tuesday 14 May 2013

Glossybox - May 2013

Last month was my first month of Glossybox and, although impressed at the service and happy with the products, I was a bit jealous of some of the products that others got. This month I decided to avoid all spoilers to avoid any disappointment in my products! Well .... it was worth the wait!
Last months box was really lovely to look at and this month we are back to the usual Glossybox in its pale pink colour.
This month marks Glossybox's 2nd birthday and so the tissue paper is birthday themed. Really cute and makes the box more special.

The leaflet is the usual Glossybox fold-out and again tells you about their birthday as well as having the information about the products inside the box. One of the things I like about this service is the packaging, it really feels like you are opening a luxury gift!
As you will see from the picture of the contents, this month there were 6 products rather than the usual 5. I like it when Glossybox put in these little own-branded extras. It's a nice touch.

I have had a look at a few blogs so far and, from what I see, the products are really varied and some boxes are completely different to my own! I was delighted to see that this month I received 3 full sized products. Really makes the price seem worth it.
Now for the products ....

Givenchy Dahlia Noir L'eua:
Many beauty bloggers have shared their dislike for perfume samples but I am not one of those. As long as the sample is a decent size, I am happy to receive a perfume that I can try out rather than just a quick smell in Boots. This is a lovely smelling perfume but I will need to wear it for a few days to make sure that I don't tire of it. The sample is a great 5ml and comes in a cute wee bottle with applicator in the lid.This is very welcome in my box this month as I was a huge fan of last month's perfume sample and have nearly finished it!

Caudalie Divine Oil:
I have never heard of this product but I am very intrigued and really looking forward to using it. This is a multi-tasking product which can be used on the body, face, hair, nails, in a bath or as a massage oil. That alone makes me like it. It also smells lovely. This is a full sized product worth £4.05.




My Trusty Little Sunflower Cream - Daily Moisturiser:
I saw this cream in my box and I was instantly pleased. It is full sized at 100ml, worth £6.99 and has lovely packaging and a cute name. At first I thought this was a body lotion but I was delighted to find out that it is actually a facial moisturiser. I am really getting into skincare just now so this is exciting! The cream that I received is lavender scented and smells really nice. As if I needed any more reasons to like this product - all of the profits from this cream go to patient care at Salisbury District Hospital where this product was developed. I love it already!



Beautiful Movements Cosmetics - Prime & Create Mixing Medium:
This product is from Kimberley Wyatt's beauty range and is a featured product in this month's box. It can be used as a primer or mixed with foundations, blushers and bronzers to make cream tints. I'm not sure what to make of this. I quite like the idea but I'm more likely to just use this as a primer. This sample is small at 2.5ml and the full 20ml is £20 so I'm very unlikely to ever buy it! Saying that, it's always good to try something new and maybe it will win me over!



Headline Colours Catwalk Nail Polish:
Last month I was really disappointed not to get the Essie nail polish in my box. This disappointment was made worse by the face that every box I watched on You Tube had one in it! For that reason, I was delighted to see this item in my box! I have never heard of this brand but I am loving the colour. The one I received is called Catwalk however the information in my leaflet is for Poolside Party - another colour that is in some boxes. I am delighted with this polish. It is a gorgeous, bright and vibrant colour. I have nail extensions so usually only paint my toenails and this is a great colour for summer sandals. This is yet another full-sized product, 10ml worth £9.



Glossybox Nail File Travel Pack:
The last item is not listed in the leaflet. This is a packet of Glossybox branded nail files. Great for chucking in your handbag for nail emergencies!

This box was fantastic. I am really happy with it and can't wait to try out all of the products. Later in the month I will be posting a review and deciding my favourite product so keep an eye out for that!

What did you get in your box? Anything different?


Don't forget to follow :)

13 comments:

  1. I like your box, I really want to try the Caudalie Divine Oil!!

    Love your blog :)

    xobeautybypaulaxo.blogspot.co.uk

    Paula Piranha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can't wait to try the oil!
      Il check out your blog now!
      Xx

      Delete
  2. Oh, you got the good box with Caudalie in it! I have seen a lot of people wanting this one! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oil looks great!
      I'm really happy this month because last month I was jealous of everyone elses boxes!!
      x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I haven't tried anything of theirs yet! Have you used this oil?
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I know - I'm so happy with it!!
      Are you a subscriber?
      xxxx
      Please follow :)

      Delete
  5. Wow you got some great bits :) I'm your latest follower on GFC :)

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow!
      I couldn't find GFC on your blog to follow back?!
      xxx

      Delete
  6. You got really nice things in this glossybox :)
    lucky you
    something I get very unlucky :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was so happy with this one. Best one!
      Xx

      Delete

I read every comment and will reply if you have a question :)