Sunday 28 July 2013

#TheCharcoalChallenge - Vegetarian BBQ

Recently I got the opportunity to take part in My Moneysupermarket's competition to host a BBQ for £50. I am a vegetarian and, although none of my guests are, I decided to host a meat-free BBQ. Here is how I spent the cash:
Not pictured, I also bought a large bag of charcoal which was £5.
I did my shopping at Tesco and it came to £49!

We had:
Veggie Bacon
Veggie Sausages
Veggie Burgers
Grilled peppers, courgette and aubergine
Corn on the cob
Grilled halumi
Mushrooms stuffed with feta
Salad dressed with balsamic 
Bananas stuffed with chocolate

An absolute feast and really nice to have the chance to make so many meat-free things!

We started out having a rainy day BBQ but the sun made a small appearance before we ate and a great time was had! 



3 comments:

  1. I'm a meat eater and mushrooms are one of my favourite things to have o a barbecue and I love the chocolate bannanas too!

    You missed corn on the cob though! How could you? ;)

    Efia @ Effy Talks Life

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't miss corn in the cob lol. I had it! Il add it to my list now :)
      Xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds delicious! I'm a veggie as well, never thought of putting halloumi on the BBQ - I will now!

    Claire x

    www.desperateblogwife.com

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and will reply if you have a question :)