Saturday 12 October 2013

Glossybox - October 2013

The last few boxes have been so good that I had a suspicion this one would be a let down. I was right. Although there are some decent products, this is the most disappointing box I have had. The theme is Dark Romance although I fail to see how the products match the theme.


Killer Queen Katy Perry 1.5ml Sample 
I am not impressed to see this in the box at all. Firstly I have said no to perfume samples when asked in the beauty profile. Secondly I recieved this last month in the cheaper Miss Glossybox! That being said, I really like this perfume and have finished the sample I already recieved so I will use it.

MONU Illuminating Primer 20ml Sample
For me this is the saving grace of the box and I am looking forward to trying it. I have only heard of this brand before through  Glossybox but I always love to try a new primer. Although this is a sample size I think 20ml is pretty decent for a primer as you don't have to use much.

Premae Multi-Vit Smoothie Serum 20ml Sample
A rather uninspiring product in boring packaging. I do like a serum but I currently have one that I am very happy with and wasn't looking for a new one. I will give this a go though and do appreciate the lovely smell.

Eva Cosmetics Mystic Diamond Argonoil 6ml Sample
This is a pathetic sized sample and not much better than a sachet of product. I am not really into hair oils but I do like the sound of this one and will definitely try it with an open mind. 

MeMeMe Cheek & Lip Tint Full Size Worth £5.50
This is the only full sized item in the box and another decent product in a fairly rubbish box! I have tried this brand before but again only from Glossybox. A cheek and lip tint is something I don't have many of though so I am always willing to try a new one.

4 samples and 1 full sized item. 1 sample I have already recieved and 2 that are brands we have already had samples from in the last few months. Glossybox ..... are you losing your touch?!

What did you think of this months box? 
 

10 comments:

  1. I was going to get this box, quite glad I waited to see what the box contained. So disappointing that the products aren't great :/

    http://thosestarsthatshine.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Think this is the worst box iv had x

      Delete
  2. Have to agree this doesn't look very worth it this month! I unsubscribed from Glossybox after just two months as I started to get a little bored with the products - definitely would have been disappointed with this one too. Boo!

    Claire from Stylingo xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally I love what I get but this is a little uninspiring. X

      Delete
  3. I had the exact same, my post is due to go up tomorrow. I was actually annoyed by how half hearted this box was - not worth £10! I'm so bored of the Monu products in what feels like ever damn box! I'm giving them to the end of the year to redeem themselves!

    Charlotte - blotandreapply.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually quite looking forward to trying the primer but it's not the most exciting of boxes! X

      Delete
  4. This box is awful, I got the exact same box as you x

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like we got the better box. Some people got a sachet of vita Liberata illuminator! X

      Delete
  5. Used to get this box at the beginning of the year and I started to get disapointed :( such a shame

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is the first time I haven't been impressed x

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and will reply if you have a question :)