Thursday 10 July 2014

Youbeauty Discovery Box - July 2014

If you follow my blog you will know by now that Youbeauty Discovery is my favourite beauty box and currently the only one I have kept going. It's great value for money and I have always been happy with the products I have recieved. One thing I will say however is that the customer service isn't great and I have had a few problems with late boxes and missing items. If I ever had a problem with Glossybox they would reimburse me or send me a free box but so far Youbeauty have just ignored me instead!

This month my items were packaged in the bigger box. It seems to be that they have different sizes of boxes depending on what you order, which is a great idea.

Look how full the box is! At £6.95 including postage, this is definitely the best value box on the market. Glossybox is double the piece and rarely seems so full or has as many full sized products. Now onto the contents.

Each month you get to log on and choose 2 items for your box. This is always on the 1st of the month so you can be organised and set an alarm! I tend to order my box at 7ish before I go to work, this way you ensure you get what you want because some things sell out.

I have just realised that I, again, have not recieved something I ordered. I requested the TanOrganic Body Oil but I have instead recieved OilArganic which doesn't seem to be the same item as advertised. Research shows me that it is made by the same company, however other subscribers seemed to recieve the item packaged the way it is in the magazine. That being said, this is a lovely looking item. It's packaged beautifully in glassy with a cork top and the oil can be used on the face, body and hair.

If makeup items are available then I tend to order them and this time I was delighted to see the L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara up for grabs. I have never tried this because I tend to buy Rimmel mascaras which are on the cheaper side. Having this item in the box pays for it completely which is great.

Usually there are 2 added extras but this month we were treated to 3. Firstly a little sample sachet of Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream. I have had this before but I don't tend to get round to using these tiny samples. Next up was a sample of Agent Provocateur Fatale perfume. I actually like these samples because they are handy for handbags and I get a good 3 or 4 uses out of them.

Lastly, a much bigger sample but a more random product - Dove Men Shave Cream. A bit strange to have a men's product in the box but I sometimes use these types of creams for my legs or I could pass it on to my boyfriend.

Overall, a fantastic box this month. As I say, I'm always really pleased with the boxes, I just wish their people skills were a bit better!

Do you get this box? Let me know what you think of it.

 

3 comments:

  1. This looks lovely. I have to try the mascara...
    Nika's Beauty Land

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right... They need to sort out their customer service. I picked my items & placed the order. The order never showed & when I contacted them... According to them the order hadn't been placed as items were still in my basket. How can that be when I received an order number? They messed up but couldn't admit it! Subscription cancelled.

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and will reply if you have a question :)