Tuesday 25 February 2014

Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil - Review

In a recent haul post I showed my purchases from the new Urban Decay counter in my city. I have been really pleased with all the products I bought but this pencil has absolutely stolen the show! I chose this concealer in CIA, the lightest shade. This is far too pale for my skintone but I chose this to use for highlighting, especially under the eye.
Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil
Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil
Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil
Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil
As with all Urban Decay products, this comes in gorgeous outer packaging, a gold box. Inside, the pencil is a lovely purple and the packaging is compact and sturdy. At first I was slightly put off by the idea of a concealer pencil. I thought the product might be hard and cause dragging on the skin. In reality I couldn't be more wrong. The texture of this concealer is so soft and the product melts onto the skin.
I use this concealer under my eyes, on my brow bone and on my forehead. If I am not tanned then I also use this to cover small red areas. The concealer is lovely and creamy. It's covers well but doesn't appear cakey or too thick. I particularly love this under the eyes as it's really brightening.
I have been really enjoying this pencil and using it daily since purchase.As with any product, I have discovered ways to use it that make it more effective. Firstly, this product can slightly crease under the eye if applied on top of other products. I find that if I don't take my foundation up too close then I don't get any creasing from the concealer.
This product is nearly perfect but I do have one small complaint. The pencil needs sharpened and I do this using a Boots jumbo sharpener as I wasn't willing to shell out for the Urban Decay one. It sharpens well but a fair amount of product comes away which is a real waste.
This pencil is £12 which personally I think is a great price and I will definitely repurchase in the future.


5 comments:

I read every comment and will reply if you have a question :)