Wednesday 22 January 2014

Glasgow Haul - Boots and Superdrug

I live in a small city and, although shopping is fairly decent, our Boots and Superdrug stores are both small and limited. Recently I had a weekend in Glasgow with my boyfriend and took the opportunity to do a little shopping.


Boots
Real Techniques brushes are available in my town and I have quite a few of them. Whilst in the spending mood I decided to pick up a few more. I chose the stippling brush, £11.99 as I have recently purchased a few cream blushers and have been told this brush is perfect for applying these. I use my buffing brush for powder usually but thought I would give the powder brush, £12.99 a go instead and perhaps use my buffing brush for applying my foundation.

Superdrug

Superdrug have some brilliant brands but my local shop is tiny and has only a small selection of their brands. I have never tried anything from Look Beauty and so was keen to try them! I picked up this Matify Me Pressed Powder, £4 and thought it would be perfect to use with my new powder brush. I love this Mini Makeover Palette in Rock Chick, £4. It has 2 layers and contains eyeshadows, a blush and lip products, really handy for throwing in your bag.

A small range of MUA used to be available in my local store but has now been stopped. I bought one of these eyeshadow trios last time and have used it almost daily since so decided to get another. This time I chose Chocolate Box, £2.50. I have heard good things about the Undress Your Skin Highlighter and couldn't resist it at £3. Lastly I picked up a cream blush in the colour Marshmallow for £2. This will be great to try out with my new brush.

I got the Sleek contour kit for my birthday and love it and so decided to try another Sleek product. This blush in the shade Rose Gold, £4.49 is raved about by bloggers so I thought I would give it a go myself!

Over the next few weeks I will be using these products and reviewing some of them. If there is a particular review you would like to see, please comment below.

 

16 comments:

  1. The Look mini palettes are so cute and practical to carry with you in the handbag - everything in one place :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I thought that - can't wait to try it out
      x

      Delete
  2. I definitely know the feeling of having nothing close to home! In Australia we only have Real Techniques of the brands mentioned but as a blogger I've heard of all of them anyway, haha. I'd love to know your thoughts on Sleek blushes in general. They look quite similar to Nars blushes and I'm wondering if they are dupes?
    Hope you're having a lovely day :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Nars blushes actually but I like what Sleek products I have tried
      x

      Delete
  3. I bought the exact same real techincs and I am sooo happy with them. you are going to love them! :) and the stippling brush applys cream blush perfectly! very nice haul, I have some mua products and I really like them :)
    kisses vicky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great - can't wait to give them a go
      x

      Delete
  4. The Undress Your Skin highlighter looks gorgeous! I love the embossing!

    www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Superdrug in Glasgow, they have such a good selection of brands! Lovely purchases, will need to look for Look Beauty next time I'm there :)

    http://cookiesandsparkles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should order your Real Techniqes brushes from Iherb - they are a heck of a lot cheaper than getting them in the UK :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am trying to be open minded & look at a variety of different brush sets but the Real Techniques ones do seem to be the front runner by far for a lot of people. The MUA eye trio looks lovely too - might be just the thing I need to replace my Bourjois one which is on it's last legs.

    Becca x

    http://www.perfectlypolishedpaws.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my real techniques brushes. I have for some models own ones and some Eco tools and No7 but they aren't as good!
      X

      Delete
  8. The Real Techniques Stippling Brush really is amazing! I use it for foundation and its great! :D
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Real Techniques brushes, amazing brushes for the price.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and will reply if you have a question :)