Saturday 22 June 2013

Veet Oriental Wax - Home Waxing Kit Review


This review is something a little different from me. I was recommended this product by a good friend and decided to try it out. I had a quick search online but there didn't seem to be many reviews so I thought I should write mine!

Veet Oriental Wax is a home waxing kit suitable for use on legs, underarms, bikini line, arms and upper lip. The box contains a 250ml jar of the wax, 12 fabric strips, a spatula and an instruction leaflet.


There are two ways of heating the wax but I chose the microwave. You heat for 45 seconds and then leave to stand. After the allocated time you use the spatula to stir the wax. The blue square shows the word 'NO' if the wax is too hot to use. This happened to me so I waited a few minutes and then tested a small amount in my wrist. I cut the strips into small parts to make them easier to manage. Using the spatula I applied small amount of the wax, smoothed on the strip and then pulled it off firmly while holding the skin taut.

Personally I don't think I have very good technique and I found it fairly tricky to do. Sometimes the strip just wouldn't pull off and I ended up having to remove excess wax from the skin. A massive plus point of this product is that it is water rinsable. This also means that the strips can be reused. I threw them into a sink of water as I used them and by the end they were all clean.

The wax itself smells lovely. It reminds me of a sauna at a spa, a lovely woody smell. The wax can be reused and, judging by how much I used, will last several applications.


I paid £8.11 for this in Boots however I have seen this for as little as £5 in some supermarkets. I'm impressed with the quality of the product and think that with a little practise it will be something I will use in the future.

1 comment:

I read every comment and will reply if you have a question :)